The Arthur M. Nezu, PhD, ABPP
Dissertation Diversity Award
Now accepting applications!
2014 Arthur M. Nezu Diversity Dissertation Award was presented to Lauren K. Richards, MA
for Distinguished Research and Contributions to Issues of Diversity.
Annual Award for a doctoral dissertation topic pertaining to diversity
(Established 2013 in Recognition of Arthur M. Nezu)
The ABPP is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for the ABPP Outstanding Dissertation Diversity Award. This prestigious award recognizes an individual whose dissertation makes an outstanding contribution to the field of diversity reflecting an ABPP specialty. www.abpp.org
The recipient of the award will receive $1,000 cash prize and be honored at the ABPP Convocation at the annual APA Annual Convention. The first award will be presented August 2014.
Criteria for Submissions for 2014 Award
1. Letter from candidate specifying how the dissertation addresses diversity.
2. Electronic copy of entire dissertation (Abstract, Literature Review, Results, Discussion, References & Appendices).
3. Copy of Program-issued final approval of dissertation defense form.
4. Letter of support (specify completion of dissertation defense) from dissertation chair.
5. One additional letter of recommendation.
Candidates should submit materials to Susan McGroarty, by 11:59pm on December 15, 2013:
Susan McGroarty, PhD, ABPP
Chestnut Hill College
9601 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
The winner will be notified no later than June 2014.
The award will be conferred at the ABPP convocation to be held within the APA Annual Convention scheduled August 7, 2014 – August 10, 2014. Date and time to be determined.